Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Keyboard shortcuts: alt+1 ... alt+9 to change tab

• I'm requesting Opera to support the same key combination for switching directly to a given tab as supported by Firefox and Chrome.

Following keys currently do nothing. They should match Firefox and Chrome behavior:

Alt+1: switch to first tab counted from left
    Alt+2: switch to second tab counted from left
    Alt+3: switch to 3th tab counted from left
    Alt+4: switch to 4th tab counted from left
    Alt+5: switch to 5th tab counted from left
    Alt+6: switch to 6th tab counted from left
    Alt+7: switch to 7th tab counted from left
    Alt+8: switch to 8th tab counted from left
    Alt+9: switch to LAST tab

Version: 40.0.2308.81
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (x86_64; X-Cinnamon)

• It seems that Opera only supports Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 etc for this feature. Firefox and Chrome support both Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, ... and Alt+1, Alt+2, ...

I guess it's time for me to learn to use Ctrl instead of Alt for this feature in all browsers I use.

• Hi @mtrantalainen, you can add your custom key bindings for this functionality in opera:settings/configureCommands > Switch to X tab.