Opera 40 not saving anything

• I'm currently running Opera 40.0.2308.62 and am starting to get frustrated to the point that I have already installed Chrome.

Nothing is saved. When I add a speed dial...on next launch it's gone.
    Everytime I open Opera it's the same. When I perform a mouse gesture it asks if I'd like to learn more. My extensions are gone. When I tell Opera to remember my choice for allowing a site (YouTube) to go into fullscreen mode, it forgets it the next time.

Amazingly, my passwords are still there and my bookmarks are still available - though I haven't added any. So not sure if newly added bookmarks or passwords will also just reset on next launch.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Opera already..

• Oh yes, I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64. I was on build 1511, but just updated to 1607 today and Opera has behaved the same before and after the update.

• Sounds like Opera does not have permission to edit its profile folder for some reason.

• Yes it does seem that way.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that tabs I leave open are still there when I launch Opera.

Also, Opera is not installed on my system drive (C). So maybe something to look at..

• Check with a standalone installation. If it works then there probably something wrong with Opera's profile.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.