Opera Beta is "Not Responding" every time it opens

  • All day today I keep getting the Not Responding message when I try to use Opera Beta(it is also happening on Opera as well). I had no problems yesterday with it.

    I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, but that didn't work. I presume it is the latest version since I just did an install today, but since I can't get beyond the speed dial page I can't do much with it.

    I am using Win 7.

    any idea what the problem might be?

  • [Moved to Opera Beta and developer]

  • I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, but that didn't work.

    Did you remove the profile when uninstalling?

  • I did an uninstall from the control panel so I'm not sure if that removed the profile. If it didn't, how do I remove the profile?

    Thanks!

  • If it didn't, how do I remove the profile?

    Go to %appdata%/Opera Software using Windows Explorer and rename the 'Opera Beta' folder. This will make a new profile to be created for Opera Beta.

    If you couldn't find it this way, try search for 'Opera Beta' folder.

    Then start it and see if anything has changed.

  • Thanks. I renamed the Opera Next folders in the Appdata folder in both Local and Roaming. Then I uninstalled Opera Beta. Then I downloaded a new copy of Opera Beta. It opened fine with none of my old profile-just a new blank setup. I started to try to add in extensions that I had. I put in one extension for Lastpass and then again all I get is Not Responding. Not sure why all of a sudden this is a major problem.

    I tried the same thing to repair regular Opera(since I was having the same Not Responding problem there as well) and hopefully I can use that instead-so far so good...lol. Thanks for your help!

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.