Can't set custom search engine as default

• I use DuckDuckGo as my only search engine and on the desktop version of Opera it’s my default engine and I like it that way and only that way, but on the Android version I can’t make it the default search engine, I just can add it to the list of search engines but I have to select it every single time I’m going to search something because Google remains as the default option and I can’t change it.

Maybe there’s some option I haven’t found (I’ve checked many times) and that’s making me not enjoy the experience fully. I’ve also looked around and I’ve found other mobile browsers that let me choose the engine I want as the default search engine, so I really would like to know if there’s some way to correct this or if there’s not and I have to use another Android browser.

• No there isn't, use have to switch it manually in every session

• Really? Isn't that a nice feature. Less things I have to customize.

• Hi,

In the latest beta we have added support to set custom search engine and it will stick after you restart.

• YES someone is listening. I tried going to Firefox because of that as I don't need Google tracking me for thier own purposes. But they suck. Thanks, otherwise I love Opera as it just works every time.

• Tried it and it is a start but still no option for the search engine of my choice DuckDuckGo. I hope this is not ignored in the final version. Also very fast, and a little glitchy with the video playback.

• I hope this is not ignored in the final version

I wouldn't expect something like this to come in a near future.

• @keysgate You can go to DuckDuckGo website, hold your finger on the search box, and select "Add search engine..." I was able to add it and it saves as the default too!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.