Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, June 27, starting from 07:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

New tab selector are buggy

• Instead of "In Mini" you should read "In Opera for Android" of course.

I knew what you meant and filed the bug report in the correct application.

• Experiencing freezes as well. I think they are somehow related to the latest Android security patch of July 2016 as these hangs started to happen right after it.

Samsung Galaxy J5
    Android 5.1.1

• I think they are somehow related to the latest Android security patch of July 2016 as these hangs started to happen right after it.

I don't think that is the case. I'm using an older device with a custom ROM and haven't installed any of the security patches.

• Well it would be nice if we could check if it happens also with Opera beta but for quite some time it doesn't get updates, lagging already 2 whole Chromium releases behind! 😕

• custom ROM

I have official firmware from xiaomi based on Android OS 5.1.1, MIUI 7.1.3.0

• The problem is still relevant

• The problem is still relevant

Indeed it is. The issue still persists even after several updates and filing several bug reports on the matter.

• nd filing several bug reports on the matter.

It will only make them waste time closing them.

• It will only make them waste time closing them.

To clarify, I've filed a bug report for the issue after every update that did not fix it. I do not know how they handle those reports since there is no transparency.

• To clarify, I've filed a bug report for the issue after every update that did not fix it

There is no need to do it. A well done bug report is enough.

If it take too long to be fixed, you can mention the bug number here (without the @ part to avoid it being spammed) so someone from Opera can notice it.