:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

How can I disable tab animations?

• Hi,

I hate all animations because they just delay everything thus decrease efficiency.

I would like to disable the following animations.

• Tab switching crossfade. When I press Ctrl+Tab, it won't show the next tab immediately, but starts a full screen zoom-out-and-crossfade animation wasting a lot of CPU and forcing me wait around a second to get the actual content of the next tab visible. This might look good when it's about marketing but is completely nonsense to me and is annoying. I would like to get back the good old behavior (show tabs immediately when switched, like in Chromium or Google Chrome).

• New tab opening slide. Every time I open a new tab pressing Ctrl+T, it will slide-open the new tab in the tab bar. I don't need the sliding. It's also annoying. I would like the new tab appear there immediately with its full size.

Any configuration hack or non-standard solution is acceptable for me that lets me get rid of these animations.

Thanks

• show tabs immediately when switched

Hi @palikacska, you can try to use Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown to switch left/right through tabs, or go to Settings > Browser > Shortcuts, press "Configure Shortcuts" (opera:settings/configureCommands), and assign Ctrl+Shift+Tab to "Switch left through tabs", and Ctrl+Tab to "Switch right through tabs" (it will warn you, that the shortcuts are already assigned, but you can safely press "Yes, replace"), and then press "OK".

• Thanks. This one works. What about the animation when opening a new tab?

• What about the animation when opening a new tab?

This one i guess you will to get used to.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.