Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

How can I disable tab animations?

• Hi,

I hate all animations because they just delay everything thus decrease efficiency.

I would like to disable the following animations.

• Tab switching crossfade. When I press Ctrl+Tab, it won't show the next tab immediately, but starts a full screen zoom-out-and-crossfade animation wasting a lot of CPU and forcing me wait around a second to get the actual content of the next tab visible. This might look good when it's about marketing but is completely nonsense to me and is annoying. I would like to get back the good old behavior (show tabs immediately when switched, like in Chromium or Google Chrome).

• New tab opening slide. Every time I open a new tab pressing Ctrl+T, it will slide-open the new tab in the tab bar. I don't need the sliding. It's also annoying. I would like the new tab appear there immediately with its full size.

Any configuration hack or non-standard solution is acceptable for me that lets me get rid of these animations.

Thanks

• show tabs immediately when switched

Hi @palikacska, you can try to use Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown to switch left/right through tabs, or go to Settings > Browser > Shortcuts, press "Configure Shortcuts" (opera:settings/configureCommands), and assign Ctrl+Shift+Tab to "Switch left through tabs", and Ctrl+Tab to "Switch right through tabs" (it will warn you, that the shortcuts are already assigned, but you can safely press "Yes, replace"), and then press "OK".

• Thanks. This one works. What about the animation when opening a new tab?

• What about the animation when opening a new tab?

This one i guess you will to get used to.