I was expecting v. 38.0.2220.29 to have the free VPN checkbox. Mine does not.

• It does have a link leading to a webpage to download SurfEasy, but that is not the same as having a check box within the browser. Can anyone explain how to get the check box within the browser? In a later version? Or must one install SurfEasy, only then the check box appears within Opera settings, privacy & security?

• VPN is on developer channel builds for now. You can enable it in flags if you want.

• Yes, even with later builds (38.0.2220.31), the stock browser does not have a check box to enable or install the free (500MB) version of SurfEasy VPN. I guess that if one installs it, then a check box may appear or perhaps it appears as an Extension which on can disable or not. Maybe it is more an advertising feature for SurfEasy VPN.

• Just have this next to SurfEasy badge in Settings, under Privacy & Security:
    Want even more privacy?
    Enhance your online experience and enjoy superior privacy, security, and freedom, even on public Wi-Fi. Learn more about SurfEasy VPN.
    SurfEasy is an Opera Software company.

And we are now up to 38.0.2220.41

• Yes, even with later builds (38.0.2220.31), the stock browser does not have a check box to enable or install the free (500MB) version of SurfEasy VPN

Because, as said, VPN will probably be available only in Opera 39.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.