:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera 12.18 Mail problem in Windows 10 (omailbse.dat)

• HEy there,.
    just updated to Windows 10. With the update the email failed to initialize in Oper a12.18 (browser and mail client sitll integrated). I keep getting the notice :

"
    Error While initializing Opera Mail.
    There was a problem initializing Opera Mail.
    The following file appears to be in use by another application: C:\username\Appdata\Local\Opera\Opear\mail\omailbase.dat
    To retry please close the application that uses that file or restart your system.
    "

Restart of the prog or the system doesn't do anything,, I ran the ccleaner regitry tool but it didn't help either. When I ran the system in safe mode (network) the mail appeared, but didn't work (fetching new emails, or sending).

The email base is pretty big, and would be a pain to not be able to use it as I did for the last 10 years.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanx

• ...anybody?

• It might have been damaged in the upgrade. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

• If that doesn't work, try downloading and installing this utility.
    It will put a right click menu entry on the file which should tell you if it's being locked by another program, and which program it is.
    :)

• What happens if you try to move omailbase.dat to a temp folder?

• hey guys, thanks for the input!!

• unfortunately i havent reinstalled the Opera yet as it took forever to backum the latest files (more than a decade of emails), so I had to postpone it for some other time (today if possible)
    • trying the unlocker thingy on omailbase.dat, resulted in the same notification as before (Dave, great app, I tried to find sth like it but couldn't)
    • removing the omailbase.dat from the folder, resulted in the same notification

I guess the most probable option is that the file has been damged,.. ?

• I guess the most probable option is that the file has been damged,.. ?

I guess so.

• a followup..

a reinstall and replacing just a basic files did the job (mail, bookmarks, contacts, wand etc..) as far as I could tell the problem was caused by a file from User CSS directory, eg: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera x64\styles\user
    couldn't tell which one though..

thanks for your help, much appreciated!!
    take care

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.