Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Adding history files?

• Hello,

I opened Opera today and for reasons unknown all tabs open were gone and browsing history was empty too. With Recuva I found 2 files, History and History Provider Cache. Is there any chance to add these files and get browsing history back? I tried to copy these files to some Opera folders (Cache & Media Cache) but nothing happened. Thanks if anybody can help me with this matter.

• You need to copy the files to Opera's profile folder.

• I guess I have done that already. Folders were C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Cache and C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Media Cache but nothing happened.

• Those are the cache folders. See menu > about Opera for the path to profile folder.

• What antimalware and perhaps cleaning software do you have "hardwired" (constantly running with certain permissions)?
    Or had you done some "clean-up" recently? Some "anti-" software can take certain other, "regular" software suspiciously: like certain AV I'm having used to wipe out files within my browser's folders - open tabs, recently visited, thumbnail caches...

• I replaced every history file with older one on profile folder but there's still no old browsing history. However, I can pick manually browsing history from the history file.

• I replaced every history file with older one on profile folder but there's still no old browsing history.

How old we are talking about?