Adding history files?

• Hello,

I opened Opera today and for reasons unknown all tabs open were gone and browsing history was empty too. With Recuva I found 2 files, History and History Provider Cache. Is there any chance to add these files and get browsing history back? I tried to copy these files to some Opera folders (Cache & Media Cache) but nothing happened. Thanks if anybody can help me with this matter.

• You need to copy the files to Opera's profile folder.

• I guess I have done that already. Folders were C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Cache and C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Media Cache but nothing happened.

• Those are the cache folders. See menu > about Opera for the path to profile folder.

• What antimalware and perhaps cleaning software do you have "hardwired" (constantly running with certain permissions)?
    Or had you done some "clean-up" recently? Some "anti-" software can take certain other, "regular" software suspiciously: like certain AV I'm having used to wipe out files within my browser's folders - open tabs, recently visited, thumbnail caches...

• I replaced every history file with older one on profile folder but there's still no old browsing history. However, I can pick manually browsing history from the history file.

• I replaced every history file with older one on profile folder but there's still no old browsing history.

How old we are talking about?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.