:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

/usr/lib/opera/plugins

• Good morning.
    I have installed opera-stable_37.0.2178.32_amd64 on ubuntu 15.1

It works, but it doesn't read any flashplayer plugin.
    I have installed the most recent flashplayer version and it works on other browsers (Firefox).
    In opera, typing opera://plugins, I can see Adobe Flash Player - Versione: 20.0.0.267 - Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0 enabled.
    I checked and it did not exist the directory /usr/lib/opera/plugins
    I created it by typing " sudo mkdir /usr/lib/opera/plugins" and copied in it the libflashplayer.so file.
    It doesn't work anyway.

Any suggestion?
    I like Opera and I would not like to give up with it.

• Install pepperflash-nonfree. Opera - and other chromium based browsers - does not use the same type of plugin as Firefox.

• I'm using Mint 13 (Precise), I keep getting the "Update Flash" thing, it just takes me to the adobe npapi page, useless. pepperflash-nonfree is not in synaptic, is there a repo I can add? Or, is there a way to suppress the nag? I have thousands of customers out there with our Linux distro (Based on Mint 13 and 17) who are gonna be switching if I can't get this ironed out.

• Hi bolondig,

sgunhouse is correct. Our friend, jayaguru-shishya, had a devil of time doing so too until he installed Ubuntu 16.04. I, too, was able to install pepperflashplugin-nonfree in Xubuntu 16.04. Who knows? Maybe you're good to go with Pepperflash right now using Wily --maybe not. You've got two more months of support with Wily Werewolf. Support ends for 15.10 in July.

The command to install pepperflashplugin-nonfree is this:

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

And here's the thread in Opera where we discussed this matter in more detail. This thread began a couple of weeks ago:

https://forums.opera.com/topic/14941/opera-comes-with-flash-pre-installed

Good luck, bolondig! I hope this thread helps. And do consider adding NoFlash, which is found in Opera's Store, when you don't want Flash to be active.

perknh

P.S.

After running:

chrome://plugins

in your omnibar/search bar, you should see this:

Adobe Flash Player
    Version: 21.0.0.216
    Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0

• I was taken to this link when I asked, "How to solve Digital Rights Error Your web browser is missing a digital rights component. In the address bar, go to opera://plugins and ensure Widevine Content Decryption Module?"

Can anyone help solve my problem?? Going to opera://plugins results in two items which describe Disable of Adobe PDF & Flashplayer. Search of plugins yields-- Nothing found for "Widevine"". Where is this plug-in????? TIA

• Hi q99h,

What browser are you using? What plugin are you looking for? What happens when you enter this command in Opera's Omnibox

chrome://plugins

?

Can you copy and paste this information for us?

perknh

• Correction for q99h,

What distribution are you using --Ubuntu 14.04, 15.10, or 16.04? I meant to ask about your distribution --not your browser. (I know you're using Opera!) My apologies, q99h.

perknh

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.