Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera crashes when VPN enabled

• Hi

I downloaded and installed Opera Developer today on my Window 10 Pro PC. The installation was fine and the browser worked. I then turned on the VPN and the browser worked but once I closed the browser and tried to re-start it crashed. It tried to re-start several times and then quit. I am unable to turn off the VPN because the browser crashes every time it is launched.

Simon

• Do you know where your profile is? I'd try renaming the file "Local State". Naturally this will make Opera forget a number of other settings, but give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can always remove the new file and restore the one you renamed.

• Yes I know where the profile is stored and will give your suggestion a try.

• If I turn the VPN off before closing Opera then the browser launches without a crash. The crash only happens if I leave the VPN enabled when I exit the browser.

Simon

• I am having the same problem. I uninstalled it after it crashed and ran it without enabling VPN, and as soon as I enabled VPN and restarted the browser, it crashed again.

• I am having the same problem - once I enable VPN and close, it goes into a loop of starting then crashing

windows 7 64bit

1. When i turn On VPN and close Opera Browser without turn Off VPN, it's maked a cycle of starting and crashing, I renamed the file "Local State" as sgunhouse says, and the browser can not start.
    2. If i start Opera and close it with VPN turn off ( i enabled VPN in setting), and i renamed the file "Local State" and start Opera again, i saw it make a new file "Local State" and browser start normal, but when i try to turn ON the VPN button at address bar, it's crash.
      P/S: My Opera Develop version: 38.0.2205.0
      My Windows version: Win 7 Ultimate SP 1 x64.
  • On my Macbook Pro (OS 10.9.5) VPN crashes Opera Developer 38.0.2213.0.

Clicking on the blue VPN label in the address bar instantly crashes the browser, every time.
    Please help!