messed up menu

• I have Opera 12.02 and Windows 98.
    I click on something i get one thing and MORE ITEMS >.
    i have to hit MORE ITEMS > a lot to get anywhere.
    i tried to install again. but the problem won't go away.

• The latest version supported on Windows 98 was Opera 10.63.

• 12.02 should work with compatibility libraries - there was a discussion in the Software forum of the old My Opera on how to do this, but obviously that isn't accessible now. I'll have to presume since it runs at all that he's done this ...

• try uninstall with revo uninstaller (it should have a 98 version somewhere). it will search for anything left behind that maybe affecting your reinstall (i hate hidden data streams).

• @kudzu2642, are you using KernelEx and if so, which version? Also, which version of Win98 (FE, SE, ME)?

@biggerabalone, there should be no hidden data streams in a Win98 system (unless he's running it under a VM on a higher-version Win system, and even there, I don't believe they come into play).

• @kudzu2642, are you using KernelEx and if so, which version? Also, which version of Win98 (FE, SE, ME)?
    @biggerabalone, there should be no hidden data streams in a Win98 system (unless he's running it under a VM on a higher-version Win system, and even there, I don't believe they come into play).

hmmm, i thought there was still roaming appdata in 98? that stuff is sometimes missed in uninstall and can have preferences etc. but it's been a long time since i've used 98.

• I always thought that Alternate Data Streams were an implementation of NT operating systems using NTFS file systems, not the DOS/GUI systems that characterized Win95 and 98. But it's indeed been a long time since I rooted around in the bowels of such things, so at this distance, I'm not really certain...

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.