Opera 35 Tabs Are Rendering Ridiculously Slow

• Before anyone asks, yes, I have tried disabling my extensions, toggling Turbo Mode on and off, and changing hardware acceleration settings, disabling antivirus. None helped at all.

I am a former Firefox user, used it for years but ditched it recently because it was just getting slower and more bloated with each update. I needed a new browser, and there is no way I'm ever going to use Botnet Chrome.

Since I really loved the experience of Opera on my Android, since it is so fast and lightweight, decided to give the desktop variant a try. Downloaded the package, installed, and thought I was good to go.

Yes, this was a fresh install on a computer that has never run Opera before. Upon opening Opera, I noticed the start page took FOREVER to render. I finally saw it after waiting well over a minute. Decided to Google something. Here's where it gets tricky. The search predictions are very fast. If I type "how to change" the dropdown menu instantly loaded "how to change a tire", "tie a tie", "sew a button", etc.

Regardless if I clicked a prediction or typed a URL or search term myself, the loading icon appears on the tab, but the page will just sit there. And sit there. And sit there some more. After giving a tab around five minutes, the previous page rendering (like the start page) will change to a white background, as if it's getting ready to render the new page. A few more minutes pass, and then the page finally comes up. If I click a link somewhere on that same page, it'll still take a very long time to redirect and navigate, but not as long as when using a freshly opened tab. It only slows down if I completely change what website I'm on.

I am presuming it is a memory leak or a render issue. I cannot determine the problem, however. I have a fairly fast internet connection, average 10mbps speed, and even with Firefox's bloat, it was loading pages faster than Opera has so far. Since I uninstalled Firefox before installing Opera, I am down to using Internet Explorer. I know, it's horrible. But right now as I type this post, IE is still rendering WAY faster than Opera will.

My operating system is Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, running on a computer with 4GB of RAM. My computer speed and internet speed are not the issues.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem so that I may use my most beloved browser, and will rescue me from using Internet Explorer?

• Do you use any antivirus, antimalware or similar? Have you checked with it disabled?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.