Opera doesn't appear to retrieve and show details from my website DB when using Win7 (32 bit)

  • Hello I'm putting this query in this forum as I couldn't seem to submit the bug report I had typed out.

    When testing my Wordpress website in Opera I noticed when I go to my account page and log in (as a test customer) the
    customer gets logged in but their previous orders are not listed and the customer details fields on the checkout page are not filled in as they should be. The sites underlying Database isn't retrieving the details for some reason.

    I've tested all other browsers and they work fine.

    Ive tested Opera on my phone and tablet and these both work fine.

    I've tested Opera on a Win8.1 emulator and it works fine.

    Therefore it seems to just be a problem with the combination of Win7 (32bit) OS and Opera, weird!

    Just wondering if this sort of Win7/Opera compatibility has been seen before and is there an easy fix?

  • Any extensions?

  • Thanks for your reply, sorry not sure I understand your question.

    If you mean on my website I've used the Wordpress platform and have used 13 extra plugins.

    If you mean extensions to Opera, I have installed a new version (and re-installed again) so have no Opera extensions to my knowledge.

  • I've just checked in Opera Extensions manager and it says "No extensions installed"

  • Update:

    I've checked on a free emulator trial and the combination of Win7 and
    Opera12 (35 not available for free) worked OK.

    So hopefully some weird problem with my system.

    But I'll have to find a friend with Win7 who can test with Opera35 to confirm either way tho!

  • (35 not available for free)

    Opera 35 is available for free. You can download it from www.Opera.com. Anyone charging you for it is a scammer.

  • Sorry I meant the free emulator tool (https://saucelabs.com) wouldn't allow me to test Opera 35 for free!

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.