Google cookie mismatch

• Hello,

I have been trying to access my gmail account with Opera, and Google keeps returning a "Cookie Mismatch" error message, saying they have "detected a problem with your cookie settings". My browser privacy is set to "allow local data to be set" and I have already added 'www.google.com' to the list of HTML exception sites. I would try to email Google, however I currently don't have access to my account any idea what could be causing the mismatch?

WhimperingPine

• Have you allowed other google sites? I don't use Gmail myself, but you'd need cookies for the actual mail site at least. Maybe use *.google.com and the Gmail site…

• Surprisingly, private window shows gmail smoothly. Is it opera's problem or gmail's?

• I've run into this issue before (for me it was caused by importing cookies from another browser into Opera).

Going to Preferences | Privacy and Security | Cookies | Click 'All cookies and site data' and delete any google/gmail cookies should sort it out.

Once you've deleted any google cookies, logging into gmail should create a new one that works properly.

• I have cleared all cookies and deleted all cached information in the browser but the problem persist. Ugh, this is frustrating. I'm thinking on moving back to firefox, at least I never had that issue when trying to access gmail. 😕

• I have the same issue -
    I deleted all google cookies and my browsing history.
    (google sites worked well in my opera for mac browser until last week)
    I can now access any google sites. Instead I get the mistmatched cookies error message.

• I had to delete my saved passwords for my google account to solve this problem for myself.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.