Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Changing Opera skin font size

• I am using Windows 7, 32bit and Opera 34.0, 22" LED monitor set to 1664 x 936 resolution which is a standard 16:9 resolution.

I need to change the standard skin/theme font size. I don't want a different theme, I don't want to change a webpage, and zoom is not applicable to my problem. I am talking about the font-size which displays my bookmarks on the bar and elsewhere. The Opera fonts are very small, in fact I estimate them to be less than 8 pts.

I looked in the Settings for Preferences, it doesn't exist. Can someone please help? Thanks.

• Opera uses the Windows scaling settings for its interface font size.

• You must be joking. What about all my other applications in which the font size is OK?

• Furthermore, since I can't edit the above post, Windows does not have a font setting size, only fonts and magnifications. Unless you refer to Internet Explorer? That's a whole different ball game.

• you can set minimum font size on
    opera://settings/fonts

on the bottom

• You can edit posts within 30 minutes by clicking the gear icon under the profile picture in the post. As for having font problems I have the scaling set for 100% and have a 1920x1080 screen and am having no problems. My monitor is 24 inches though but its close enough that it shouldn't be that big of a difference.

LED monitor

Don't believe the marketing, they are not on the market yet at any price you'd want to pay. You have a LCD monitor with an LED backlight instead of a CCFL backlight.

• vux777, thanks for your guidance, but there is no change. Increased the font size from 8 to 13 pts but that control on the bottom didn't do anything.

lando242, I am sorry but your reply is non-sequitur. How does your monitor size help my eyesight?

• I was merely stating that I am not having the issue with overly small text. As the size of the monitor is in direct correlation to the size of the text it displays I figured since my monitor was of a similar size it might help track down the issue. Your resolution seems to be an uncommon size. Maybe dropping it down to 1600 x 900 or 1280 x 720 would help? Those are more common sizes and more suitable for smaller displays.

I don't remember if Windows 7 had text scaling, as its been several users since I used it on a daily basis, but newer versions of Windows have a scaling feature that intended high resolution displays. You might take the free Windows 10 upgrade and give that a shot.

• Even XP had text scaling, though it wasn't obvious. In 7, go to Control Panel > Display and depending on resolution you'll have various options for font scaling. On my 1600x900 laptop, the choices are "Small, 100% (default)", "Medium, 125%" and "Large, 150%".

• sgunhouse, thanks. 125% It did the trick.

As for Windows 10 upgrade, been there and done that. It's needless to point out that I am back in Windows 7 pro.

• Missed the 30 minute edit limit. For those who are interested, here is a link to a list of true 16:9 resolutions.
    https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/ and the true resolutions are in green.
    Unfortunately 1600:900 is not a true 16:9 resolution but usable. Only resolutions that can be divided by 8 without modulus are "true".

Windows 7 also has infinite scaling instead of the preset 125%, 150% ...., so I reduced my resolution to 1536 x 864 and scaled the text to 110%. It is OK.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and direction.