Please make opera lighter on memory & Processor.

• Opera put a lot of load on processor & memory that it freeze in every time i open 2 or 3 tab at one time, start opera afresh. it take a lot of time to show up speed dial. i have acer aspire e1-431 with 500gb hdd, B950 processor(2.1 Ghz) & 2 gb ram. inspite of ram of 2gb it put up heavy load that i can't do anything else. please make it lighter like opera 16. it was faster loading version. thanks, hope it will help other opera users too.

• Your system is too slow and old to run a modern web browser. Just use an older version of Opera instead. Asking a 5 year old low end laptop CPU (with half the amount of RAM is should have, 2 GB is pitifully small) to run a modern application like Opera is begging to have it run very poorly.

• There is a command-line switch to make it run in single-process mode ... that will obviously make Opera slower, but put less strain on your system.

A Google search lands me here, where it says ...

Thankfully Chromium still supports the flag and you can invoke it by using --single-process (note the double dash).

Having said that, I have a Toshiba laptop with 2 GB RAM and other specs similar to yours where Opera is not a serious problem, but I tend to have relatively few tabs open at any one time.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.