Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

How to restore old state of Speed Dials?

• I accidentally wiped all of my Speed Dials when changing something in Xmarks bookmarks sync extension.

Does Opera keep some form of bookmarks backup by itself which I can use?
    If not, what file do I need to restore from my old manual backup for this?

Opera sync for bookmarks was disabled so that won't do anything for me.

• Try the bookmarks ones.

• Try the bookmarks ones.

Doesn't wok.
    First, I tried to restore Bookmarks.bak file - removed Bookmarks and renamed Bookmarks.bak to Bookmarks - nothing happened, maybe it was overwritten too.

Next, I tried my old profile.
    I confirmed that my old profile does still have bookmarks by launching it in a different copy of Opera.
    Then I transferred Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak from old profile to new one - nothing happens, still zero Speed Dials on new Opera I am using currently.

My conclusion - Bookmarks file does not hold Speed Dials.

• It does if its a recent version of Opera. If you are running an old version its different.

• Which version of Opera are you using?

As said, Speed Dial is part of bookmarks since a while ago so if you are using the latest version then they should be in the bookmarks file.

If you open the bookmarks file in a text editor and look for "speeddial" you shoudl find something like "speedDial": { and your speed dials will be under it.

• @leocg thanks for help (= Is there any way to restore the whole 'speeddial' folder instead of just one (bookmark) by one?

• Is there any way to restore the whole 'speeddial' folder instead of just one (bookmark) by one?

Restore from....?

• Is there any way to restore the whole 'speeddial' folder instead of just one (bookmark) by one?

Restore from....?

'other speed dials' in Bookmarks, the whole folder.
    Just got a new laptop, and wondering if I'll gotta move them one by one, or can I sync or move the whole folder to the 'speed dial' page?

• other speed dials' in Bookmarks, the whole folder

Just copy/move the content of device folder in 'other speed diasl' to 'speed dial'.