:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera 12: Why are exported HTML Bookmarks not in alphabetical order?

• I export the bookmarks in HTML so other browsers can use them but the folders are not in any order. Is there a way of correcting this? How in the world are you supposed to use this exporting feature when it exports into an unreadable or unusable mess?

• It exports them as they are stored in the file, unfortunately not as they are displayed (unless you switch to "Sort by my order" then hand-sort them). Save selected as HTML works better. Expand all, select all (from the Edit menu or Ctrl-A) then save selected as HTML and it should save them in displayed order.

Sorting in Opera 12 is strictly on-screen except for "my order", the file is probably in order added.

• It sounds like it would work but it didn't unfortunately. I expanded, selected and saved as HTML. Same disorganization. I even highlighted just a single folder and still the same. I then tried manually sorting one folder and it did save as it was organized. Too bad I have so many bookmarks. It would take hours to manually sort them. I thought I saw a list some time ago of the number of bookmarks I had accumulated. Anybody know how to get Opera 12 to tell us that number? Its not in Properties of highlighted folders. It may have been when I had exported them somewhere but I'm not seeing it now. I tried copying them to Chromium but that didn't work. It copied only a few and they were disorganized. It will only allow an import of HTML files, not ADR files.

• Firefox used to support Opera 12, but seems to have dropped it also. :(

Anyone know if some of the third-party bookmark managers still support Opera 12?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.