:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera and G Data

• Hi guys,

since a few month I have a problem with my Opera Browser and G Data Antivirus.

Each time I start Opera the G DATA Filesystem Monitor Service runs up to 100% CPU load.
    It depends on the tabs Opera has to open how long the G DATA Service stays at 100%.
    If there is only one tab to open my system (i5, 16 GB RAM, SSD) hangs for about 10 seconds. If Opera has to open severel tabs (5-10) my system sometimes stays unuseable for about 3-5 minutes!

The problem persists on Windows 7 and later on Windows 10 after an upgrade or an complete fresh install of Windows 10.
    The problem persists on several Opera Versions and after several G DATA program updates.
    And the problem persists on my Laptop, too.

So I think the problem has to do something with Opera sync, which I use.

Is there anyway to solve this problem and keep my bookmarks?

Thank you and greets
    hompen

• Sync? You said it varies depending on the number of tabs that are open, but sync would not do so.

• Hello, did you found any solution for Opera and Gdata cooperation. I suppose that problem has occurred after upgrade gdata to the newest version 27.# . Time of full cpu load depends on number of active tabs. I've sync off, just Adblock add-on.

I noticed that previous version 25.# works much better.

Thank you
    Bartek

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.