Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Synchronization Question

• Ok, I understand it...but my question is when you turn sychron on (let's say I have a tablet with the latest Opera installed), does my Opera on my laptop synchronize to my tablet, or does the tablet synchronize to my laptop. I mean on my tablet I have a different speed dial settings (icons/bookmarks) and have added some bookmarks there that may be different than my laptop.

I ask this because recently I signed in for synchron on both, and much to my surprise MANY of my bookmarks were duplicated on my laptop. Which computer takes precedence...if I don't have some entries/bookmarks/speed dial BMs on one, will synchronization add those to the other, or will Opera delete those on the other because they are not there on the other.

I know this may sound stupid, but there are some bookmarks I have on my laptop that I want synchronized to my tablet, and others I do not. it would be nice to be able to mark those bookmarks you want sent to the other and vice versa.

• Let me say this another way, being that no one wants to weigh in here.

If I add a bookmark or a speed dial on my laptop, and then 2 days later start synchron, will the system add the BM to my tablet, or will the system delete the BM from my laptop.

Is there a way for Opera to do the synchron in one direction only, meaning can I set it up so that the tablet ONLY synchronizes to the laptop and not vice versa??

• Synchronization of a new device should result in both devices having all bookmarks - but I did say "should" and not "will", if possible you might want to back up everything. No, there is no setting for one-directional sync.