How to move bookmarks to folders

• After Opera entered into its relationship with Google, I switched to Firefox and am largely satisfied with it. However I do recall fondly the old versions of Opera that I used - from v.5 to v.12.17, and particularly how bookmarks were handled so elegantly. I have recently decided to try Opera again and am using v.31, sans the Google search bar, of course. I used Opera to open certain web sites, and bookmarked them. They ended up in Unsorted Bookmarks. I have created in "My Folders" a new folder into which I would like to move some of the Unsorted Bookmarks. Drag and drop does not seem to work. Opera Help is unhelpful. Any assistance appreciated for this particular problem - and where I might find some general and detailed instructions on handling Opera 31 bookmarks.

• You can open the page, click on the heart button and select the folder you want it to be.

• Drag and drop is generally how one does it but there are other ways. Are you using the bookmarks manager? Are you using Windows 10? There are a few quirks that still need to be ironed out for Opera on Windows 10.

• Does selecting and CtrlXCtrlV-ing work there?

• Does selecting and CtrlXCtrlV-ing work there?

Yes, if its inside the bookmarks manager.

• I'm using Win 8.1 - like I said, drag and drop does not seem to work for me. Bookmarks Manager???

• Bookmarks Manager???

OMenu > Bookmarks (the one under Discover). Or click on the bookmarks button in navigation bar.

• Do CtrlB and/or Ctrl^ShiftB work?
    There are shortcuts, aren't they?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.