How to change default search engines?

• I asked about this in a relevant thread, but that was closed, so I might as well create a new one.

So the problem is that I can't get rid of the default search engines.

With every update so far I went to the routine of deleting the "defaultpartnercontent.json" file to get rid of the default search engines (which I never use) and get my custom engines back.

This no longer works. If I do that, Opera whines that a file is corrupted, and won't launch.

I don't want Yahoo to use the "y" shortcut, I want YouTube. I don't want the French Wikipedia on "w", I want the English one.

Is there any way to get rid of the default search engines in the newest version?

Thanks.

• I should have gone back more than a page to check before creating this thread, then.
    This can be closed, since it's redundant.

• For narushima

- Open folder Opera
    - Open folder defaults
    - Found file 'search.ini' and open in Text Editor
    - String 'Default Search='
    - Look down on the text and change to whatever you want
  • For narushima

• Open folder Opera
    • Open folder defaults
    • Found file 'search.ini' and open in Text Editor
    • String 'Default Search='
    • Look down on the text and change to whatever you want

The only "search.ini" I can find contains search engines I used years ago but which do no longer appear in the current version of Opera. Also, changes I make in it don't stick. I can even delete the file completely and it doesn't have any impact on the serach engines.

• For narushima

• Open folder Opera
    • Open folder defaults
    • Found file 'search.ini' and open in Text Editor
    • String 'Default Search='
    • Look down on the text and change to whatever you want

This is for Opera Presto and will not work in Opera Blink.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.