Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Can't Install V17 without upgrade.

• Hi. I had some sort of bug when uninstalling uTorrent which wiped my desktop, a heap of user files and erased Opera 12 and all of my emails and contacts. I downloaded the latest Opera and i absolutely hated its interface and separate mail. I really liked Version 12 so I downloaded the file from the Opera archives but it will not install without upgrading. The file unpacks and the next splash screen insists on upgrading. I have uninstalled the latest version and tried again but cannot get it to install the old V12. I am using XP (SP3). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Download the installer, disconnect from the internet, install Opera 12, reconnect to the internet. That help?

• Actually, while it installs the new version it does not remove the old version. I still have both.

• Many thanks Lando242! It worked to a degree. I have installed 12.10 and it reports it as 12.10 when I go Opera button/help/about. The thing is it looks like the new version and there is no option in the Appearance menu to change it. - It reports "Opera Standard" as the theme. I am pleased that I have integrated Email again but I would like the browser to have the "Classic Opera" look that I have been using since Opera fitted on a floppy.

• Its been awhile since I used it but there is a way, somewhere, to give it the old toolbars back instead of the centralized menu. I'm sure you could find it now that you know its still there.

• The old toolbars are in Appearance, the old menu is on the menu itself (Show menu bar). And if you really want the classic look, try https://addons.opera.com/en/themes/details/7-skin/

• Thanks guys... haven't yet got is back just as i like but am well on the way. You have been very helpful. Thanks again.