Permanent Sidebar?

• Is it not possible to have option to make Sidebar show permanently? I know menu or Ctrl/Shift/S does this but would prefer option to set it permanent so shows each time opera loaded.

• You know, it's downright strange. I started Opera and then was using another program, and about 10-15 minutes later the sidebar remembered that it was supposed to be turned on.

Sorry, but it is still something they will have to fix.

• Opera will start with sidebar open if you selected continue where i left off in settings
    (and ofc if you leave it open when Opera is closed)

Devs said that it will be fixed in one of the next builds, so that we can start Opera with speed dial and still have side bar shown on start

• Yes, the sidebar only stays open if you choose to have Opera to remember where you were when you reload the browser. This is a shortcoming in my opinion. Also, not having a native bookmarks side panel (like Firefox) is a shortcoming. Thankfully, I found the V7 Bookmarks extension and I am using that.

• The new sidebar wont ever have a built in bookmarks system or anything else like that. Its exclusively for extensions.

• Having a permanent sidebar is state of the art. Before I will be using Opera as my standard browser, they must provide this.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.