:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Authentication Failure Message Box Keeps Popping Up

• Is there a way to turn off these messages:
    Authentication Failure Message Box Keeps Popping Up
    Thanks Dennis A. Vitali
    vitali@snet.net

• Which ones?

• When Opera frequently checks for email somtimes the ATT email server sends back a failure to Authentication , in which then Opera post this error message onto the web page . You have to click ok to get rid of it. I need to know how to stop Opera from displaying these failure messages from the remote email server.

• i am using opera 12.10

• If the ATT server requires authentication to access (and such servers often do), then a failure to authenticate is a legitimate error which Opera must report to the console. That authentication "sometimes" fails is usually indicative of a server being temporarily busy because of overloading or of occasional latency (packet/processing travel-delay) issues in the digital handshaking process required to authenticate the user's browser/eMail client to the server for that account. I know of no way to suppress the error messages, per se.

• Thanks for the Answer

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.