Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Mail - Bugs in html editor

• I use Opera Mail for more than 12 years.

Things that I love about it are:

• customizable interface,

• it is fast even with 30K+ messages,

• easy to use (fast learning curve),

• fast search,

• Messages can have following states: Unread (bold blue), Read (bold black), Marked as Read and Pinned

• Custom Flag options for categorization

• Dictionary for English words

What I don't like about it are:

• You removed option to enter the exact font size of the text (Increase/decrease font size isn't good enough),

• No table editor,

• It jams more time then I would like and even breaks sometimes (fortunately one mostly doesn't lose his work when this happens),

• HTML editor is very buggy and it has serious issues with content copied from MS Office documents,

• User can't take a look at a HTML code of the whole email and manually fix the HTML issues (please add this feature).

• No support for PGP/GPG and S/MIME.

The thing that annoys me the most about Opera Mail is its HTML editor.

It's is just no where near MS Outlook or TinyMCE with stability and options.

I understand that there needs to be a lot of work to make it as powerful as MS Outlook, but at least you can fix bugs and errors in features that are already there.

Here are a few that I can remember:

• Number/unordered lists copied from MS Office documents do not stay lists,

• Nesting lists inside a list when it is copied from a web page doesn't look as it should

• The size of spacing between two rows can vary significantly. Option two choose < br> or <p></p> would be much appreciated.

• Inserting image on the right of the text isn't possible,

• Practically, there are no options for working with images

I urge other forum members to support this post by stating what Opera Mail features they like and don't like and hopefully we could make a pressure on Dev team to implement some of them. 🙂

• Opera Mail has been discontinued. There will be no further releases or updates.

• I hope you are wrong 🙂
    Even though I have read the https://forums.opera.com/topic/2320/opera-mail-is-this-product-discontinued
    I hope Opera will continue to support this great product.

• hope Opera will continue to support this great product.

They won't. As said, Opera Mail is no longer being developed.