Opera Mail - Bugs in html editor

• I use Opera Mail for more than 12 years.

Things that I love about it are:

• customizable interface,

• it is fast even with 30K+ messages,

• easy to use (fast learning curve),

• fast search,

• Messages can have following states: Unread (bold blue), Read (bold black), Marked as Read and Pinned

• Custom Flag options for categorization

• Dictionary for English words

What I don't like about it are:

• You removed option to enter the exact font size of the text (Increase/decrease font size isn't good enough),

• No table editor,

• It jams more time then I would like and even breaks sometimes (fortunately one mostly doesn't lose his work when this happens),

• HTML editor is very buggy and it has serious issues with content copied from MS Office documents,

• User can't take a look at a HTML code of the whole email and manually fix the HTML issues (please add this feature).

• No support for PGP/GPG and S/MIME.

The thing that annoys me the most about Opera Mail is its HTML editor.

It's is just no where near MS Outlook or TinyMCE with stability and options.

I understand that there needs to be a lot of work to make it as powerful as MS Outlook, but at least you can fix bugs and errors in features that are already there.

Here are a few that I can remember:

• Number/unordered lists copied from MS Office documents do not stay lists,

• Nesting lists inside a list when it is copied from a web page doesn't look as it should

• The size of spacing between two rows can vary significantly. Option two choose < br> or <p></p> would be much appreciated.

• Inserting image on the right of the text isn't possible,

• Practically, there are no options for working with images

I urge other forum members to support this post by stating what Opera Mail features they like and don't like and hopefully we could make a pressure on Dev team to implement some of them. 🙂

• Opera Mail has been discontinued. There will be no further releases or updates.

• I hope you are wrong 🙂
    Even though I have read the https://forums.opera.com/topic/2320/opera-mail-is-this-product-discontinued
    I hope Opera will continue to support this great product.

• hope Opera will continue to support this great product.

They won't. As said, Opera Mail is no longer being developed.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.