"Today we’ve prepared a new version of Opera 63 developer with the snapshot tool improvements you asked for.
We made blur in the snapshot tools more blurry. We added the highlight tool, and an indication that you shouldn’t edit the area around the snap. We’ve also fixed the VK app in the sidebar, so that pressing ENTER now sends the message.
- Unable to perform shortcuts, when video pop-out is opened.
- Private mode welcome page is blank at the moment (work in progress)."
Highlights of changes and improvements:
- DNA-78305 Remove all SpeedDial extensions related code.
- DNA-78342 Crash at opera::BrowserSidebarErrorPage::~BrowserSidebarErrorPage.
- DNA-78358 VK app in the sidebar – ENTER does not send the message.
- DNA-79015 Unable to add own wallpaper.
- DNA-79055 Remove #snap-edit-text-tool flag.
- DNA-79099 [Mac] Empty bookmarks bar remains visible after adding bookmark to location other than bookmarks bar.
- DNA-79106 Crash at base::Value::RemoveKey(base::BasicStringPiece).
- DNA-79199 Crash when enabling malware list in Ad Blocker.
- DNA-77745 [Mac] Maximized Opera window expands, after watching a video in full-screen.
- DNA-78037 Crash at base::Time::Explode(bool, base::Time::Exploded*).
- DNA-78085 Uncaught exception in background worker.
Hi @echozulu, if you use Opera for Windows, you can try to fix it manually by following the below steps:
1. Launch the Opera with the switch: Path\to\launcher.exe --disable-gpu, go to opera:about, and copy the installation path, close the Opera,
2. Open your file explorer, navigate to that path, and rename 3dcompiler_47.dll file to e.g. d3dcompiler_47.dll-old,
3. If you have previous version of the Opera, try to copy the d3dcompiler_47.dll from there to the above mentioned installation path, if not, you can download the installer file for Opera beta, install it, and copy the file from there.
Alternatively, if you prefer only to workaround of the issue, and wait until it most probably will be fixed in one of upcoming updates, then launch the Opera with the switch as mentioned above, go to Settings > Browser > System, and disable the "Use hardware acceleration when available", close the Opera without restarting it, remove the switch, launch the Opera, and check if this fixes the problem.
Watch the Desktop blog on blogs.opera.com/desktop or subscribe to their RSS feed. Naturally they will also have posts about Beta and Developer releases, but If you want a notification about Stable releases without actually downloading them that would seem to be the way to go.