Ahoy, still sucks no solution so far. From what I've seen it seems opera wants to get rid of the speed dial. Despite the fact that they invented it and I have always found it incredibly useful. The transparency effects are very blurry, makes it hard to focus, and there appears to be no option to go back to the way it was with the speed dial button and the block colors as of 6/19/2023. The developers seem to have completely removed it or want to. Luckily there are still some shortcuts.
- If you are using mouse gestures, right click and hold, drag down, then release click for the speed dial in a new tab.
- If you want to type it you can type opera://startpageshared in the url box.
- The keyboard shortcut for the speed dial is alt+home and it will take you instantly there in the current tab.
I had to create some of my own icons for the speed dial by changing the colors around manually and downloading some off the net. I replaced almost all the blurry ones and will finish the rest soon. The current page is way too blurry like everybody is wearing bifocals or something. I had about 30 speed dial icons and did a little more than half. Really sucks that I have to do it on my own now when it used to be the default.
Thanks for the reply, but your shortcuts, are not solutions.
- It doesnt solve the issue of opening speed dial in current tab, instead of opening a new one, so you have to close the previous one (which is annoying)
- Why woud I prefer typing, instead of single click on speed dial button?
- Keyboard shortcut - again, not a solution.
There is one solution, and it is to create a bookmark and put it on the bookmarks bar, then you can even delete text, and you have a properly working speed dial button, but Im not using bookmarks bar.
The speed dial button in the sidebar, I could get used to it, if it worked as previous button, but it doesnt... it opens a new tab again.
Also, I dont really think they are trying to get rid off the speed dial page.... if they wanted to do this, they wouldnt bother with this redesign of speed dial icons. And about your "blury" issue... I dont know, but I havent noticed anything like that. The one thing that is blurry, is the new wallpaper on speed dial, but thats it.