This happened to me yesterday also. I had installed Opera on four aging XP machines at my workplace in place of Chrome as a stopgap until my boss buys new machines that are faster and that can run modern software. This is because Opera (for me) has a much lighter footprint than Chrome and doesn't tax those old pc's nearly as much. I'm a fan of efficiency, so I hope that the increased performance will impress my boss enough to sway him from his Microsoft-centric (Edge browser...gag!) ways. It was a trick to even get him to try Chrome.
But yesterday morning I began to log in to certain sites that we use for purchasing products for resale, and on every machine the passwords were gone. They are not synced because they are on a network administered by a company which maintains our primary sales software, so I did not want to raise any unnecessary flags with them for the (hopefully) short time before we get our new computers.
After this fiasco I may have to take the risk.
Happy day to all.