Opera 12.17 Back Click Often Does Not Work

• Lately, when I click to go back to the previous Web page, Opera 12.17 does not work - I have to right click on the Back button to display the pages where I have been, and then click on the previous page to get back to where I was before.

I am assuming this is yet another function that is starting to fail in 12.17...but is there something I can do to correct this (besides upgrading to O27)??

Thanks

• Sounds more like you are trying to go back to a page that has an automatic redirect. It other words you are going back a page, its just that the previous page is them bumping you forward to the current one. Try hitting it a few times in quick succession.

• It could be the button code has become corrupted in your configuration file. Have you tried right-clicking the button, selecting Customize, then selecting "remove from toolbar". Next, hit Shift+F12 > Buttons > Browser > select the back-button via left click-and-hold, then drag-drop it to the spot at your preferred place on the address bar (as shown by the vertical cursor that appears when you hover over the bar) > OK. This may repair any damaged button code in the config file.

• backbird->deleting the then reinserting the back button via customization did not work.

I DO notice that when I use google to find something, and click on a site on the google page, going there and then hitting the back button I see a quick notation at the bottom of the page noting what is happening...a doubleclick notation, then a googlead shows. But nothing back to the googld search page

I DID find that I had not blocked some of the sneaky trackers, so I added them to my ghostery blocking, and voila, now all works perfect.

• I am experiencing this exact problem.

when you write:

I DID find that I had not blocked some of the sneaky trackers, so I added them to my ghostery blocking, and voila, now all works perfect.

How do I do this?

• I use Ghostery which blocks trackers etc, and the sites I had trouble with had trackers I had not blocvked, adding them to the Ghostery list did it. Ghostery is an Opera extension, you can get for free.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.