• Login
    • Search
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Rules
    • Help

    Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

    Download Opera browser with:

    • built-in ad blocker
    • battery saver
    • free VPN
    Download Opera

    Ad blocker no longer blocks YouTube ads

    Opera for Windows
    10
    14
    17235
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      Ardony last edited by

      A few weeks ago YT started nagging me to turn off Opera's ad blocker. Naturally I ignored it, but now they appear to have found a means to disable or circumvent the ad blocker, so I'm back to being constantly bombarded with mindless, time-wasting, repetitive ads.

      Anyone else having this problem? More importantly, is there a way to overcome it? Other than coughing up the subscription, of course. And yes, the ad blocking is still turned on in Settings.

      Thanks.

      Reply Quote 2
        L EclipsedDream 2 Replies Last reply
      • L
        Lisek35 @Ardony last edited by

        @Ardony same problem yt find some program spy and block opera adblok

        Reply Quote 0
          1 Reply Last reply
        • L
          leofrench2345 Banned last edited by

          Help me I wanna block ads on this website: https://goappsplay.com/download-discord-mod-apk-for-android/

          Reply Quote 0
            1 Reply Last reply
          • U
            UsernameHenry last edited by

            I have ad blocker on both desktop and mobile. I suddenly received a pop up message from youtube to unblock the add blocker on my desk top or else they will not let me watch videos as they rely on advertising for revenue. Even though I have the add blocker on on my mobile, they have found a way to circumvent the ad blocker. Surely if there is an option to use ad blocker I can exercise my freedom of choice with out being threatened?

            Reply Quote 0
              1 Reply Last reply
            • A
              Ardony last edited by Ardony

              I've been using Adblock Plus in addition to the integral Opera ad blocker. I'm not sure which is doing what, but when an ad appears at the start of a YT video I've found that pressing F5 gets rid of it, and none appear while playing. Using an elderly desktop PC.

              I might be more sympathetic to Google/YT's pleas for revenue if they weren't such rampant, unapologetic tax evaders.

              Reply Quote 0
                1 Reply Last reply
              • L
                Lucas-95 last edited by

                If you have a VPN you can go ad free on Youtube by connecting via Albania or Russia. This is how I ended up avoiding the Opera Ad blocker nag screen.

                Reply Quote 0
                  1 Reply Last reply
                • EclipsedDream
                  EclipsedDream @Ardony last edited by

                  @Ardony It's been happening to me for the last two hours. And this is the first time it's ever happened. It's like the current update from Opera just made it stop working...

                  Reply Quote 0
                    1 Reply Last reply
                  • H
                    husnainapfa1 last edited by

                    Most ad blockers stopped working because YouTube changed how it serves ads it’s now embedding them directly in the video stream. There are still a few experimental blockers trying to catch up though.

                    Reply Quote 0
                      1 Reply Last reply
                    • B
                      brainp Banned last edited by

                      YouTube has enhanced its ad-blocker detection logic, especially on Chromium based browsers like Opera and Opera GX. It can tell when ad scripts aren’t loading or when certain ad blocker patterns are present, and then forces ads or warning screens.

                      Reply Quote 0
                        EclipsedDream 1 Reply Last reply
                      • EclipsedDream
                        EclipsedDream @brainp last edited by

                        @brainp It's gotten to the point most websites have this. It's really gotten me offline more often as a result. It's becoming tiresome.

                        Reply Quote 0
                          1 Reply Last reply
                        • B
                          brainp Banned last edited by This post is deleted!
                          Reply Quote 0
                            1 Reply Last reply
                          • R
                            rodriguezvincentm last edited by

                            Yeah, YouTube’s ad-blocking changes can definitely make things frustrating. I’ve noticed that sometimes the experience changes depending on the browser or extensions being used.

                            Reply Quote 0
                              1 Reply Last reply
                            • A
                              Ardony last edited by

                              Despite my (much earlier) post in this thread, the combination of Opera's blocker and AdBlock is still working pretty well on my Win 7 PC. However, if I'm loading a lot of YT music "videos", after a time the ads manage to get through, but closing Opera (without deleting cookies) and restarting it gets everything working again.

                              If YT charged a reasonable amount for Premium, as they do for some jurisdictions I'd pay for it, but I'm not paying the greedy beggars more than $25 per month regardless of how little I might use it.

                              Reply Quote 0
                                G 1 Reply Last reply
                              • G
                                GarDaWolf @Ardony last edited by

                                @Ardony i feel annoyed because earlier today i could see videos on yt, now it has put that screen and been a month since ads appear on yt music, even tho adblocker was active, and it happened because i aded more of the lists, and it didnt helped, i started getting english ads, i speak spanish, and even have deleted the cookies and cache and still get em, idk wth happened... it's frustrating, even the acceptable ads tab, disapeared

                                Reply Quote 0
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                • First post
                                  Last post

                                Computer browsers

                                • Opera for Windows
                                • Opera for Mac
                                • Opera for Linux
                                • Opera beta version
                                • Opera USB

                                Mobile browsers

                                • Opera for Android
                                • Opera Mini
                                • Opera Touch
                                • Opera for basic phones

                                • Add-ons
                                • Opera account
                                • Wallpapers
                                • Opera Ads

                                • Help & support
                                • Opera blogs
                                • Opera forums
                                • Dev.Opera

                                • Security
                                • Privacy
                                • Cookies Policy
                                • EULA
                                • Terms of Service

                                • About Opera
                                • Press info
                                • Jobs
                                • Investors
                                • Become a partner
                                • Contact us

                                Follow Opera

                                • Opera - Facebook
                                • Opera - Twitter
                                • Opera - YouTube
                                • Opera - LinkedIn
                                • Opera - Instagram

                                © Opera Software 1995-