:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Paying my respects..

• I just installed this browser and I wanted to scream a huge THANK YOU to the team that created it.
    I had hear about it, but I couldn't imagine how awesome could be!
    It's been about 3-4 months long that I see the most terrible browser in the world (Google Chromed) crashes in my face and I've been so disappointed.

So, I came here just to thank the beautiful existence of Opera!! :yes:

• you're welcome :)
    Though Opera since version 20 or so, is Blink based (that is Chrome engine), the version prior use Operas own Presto engine.
    A lot of people on this forum prefer the Presto engine and the feature-laden Opera version that used it - including me.
    But a lot of people also like the Blink Opera version.

And I like, that Opera as developers are adding and including features (beloved features) from the old Presto Opera into the new Blink Opera with almost every update.

take a look at some "hidden" features opera://flags present for you. But keep in mind, these option are still under development and may crash your system and browser.

• Though Opera since version 20 or so, is Blink based (that is Chrome engine),

Since version 15.

• Great to see someone enjoying Opera Blink!

• I can reiterate this. I've only been using Opera as my primary browser for a couple weeks now, but after figuring out (through the forums) some small but crucial functions, it's been top notch. I had no idea there was a built-in flash block, for instance. Really sweet. Firefox is gathering dust as we speak, and Chrome... well, that's in the trash heap, ready to be dragged to the curb.

• What an excellent thread and long overdue. i was encouraged to read Daria Golubeva's blog titled 5 Reasons Why Opera Could be the Best Browser for You. It's well worth a read.

• What an excellent thread and long overdue. i was encouraged to read Daria Golubeva's blog titled 5 Reasons Why Opera Could be the Best Browser for You. It's well worth a read.

A link to this thread, please?

• Chrome can block flash too. Go to settings -> Show advanced settings -> Content -> Under plug-ins, you can find Click to play.
    I don't know if that's what you mean tho, because Opera does not block flash by default, or did I miss something :confused:
    Only feature I like in Opera vs Chrome is "Delay loading of background tabs" option, which is a copycat feature from Firefox.

A link to this thread, please?

Here.

• Thanks for adding the link, sidney. I should have done that in the first place. Much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.