Problem with synchro on new computer
nevadaking last edited by
I have 2 problems with synchro:
- passwords in Opera on a new computer. Despite being logged in and enabled, Opera does not synchronize passwords, and it doesn't import passwords from a csv file;
- despite accepting all cookies, every time (also in Google), the sites ask for the acceptance of cookies again, as if I was there for the first time.
My old computer has had MacOs, new computer also has MacOs.
I went through all the settings on the old browser and on the new one, I checked them with the help of Opera, it seems that everything is properly enabled.
What is happening and what can I do?
Best regards, Kinga
Jayne4-Cunningham Banned last edited by
Hi Kinga, hope you are doing well!
I encountered the same issues with synchronization on Opera.
To resolve the problem with passwords not synchronizing and not importing from a CSV file, I followed these steps:
- Ensure that you are logged in to Opera on both your old and new computers.
- Go to Settings in Opera on your old computer and verify that password synchronization is enabled.
- Export your passwords from the old computer as a CSV file.
- On your new computer, also make sure that password synchronization is enabled in Opera's Settings.
- Import the CSV file containing your passwords into Opera on the new computer.
Regarding the cookie acceptance problem, here's how I solved it:
- Make sure that you have enabled cookies in Opera's Settings on both computers.
- Clear the cookies and browsing data on both your old and new computers.
- Restart Opera on both devices.
- When you visit websites, accept the cookies prompt once again.
- Check if the websites still ask for cookie acceptance upon subsequent visits.
By following these steps, I was able to resolve the synchronization issues with passwords and the recurring cookie acceptance requests. Hope it is helpful for you.
nevadaking last edited by
Hi @jayne4-cunningham. Thanks a lot for your answer and advice.
Unfortunately it doesn't work. It was one of the first things I checked while struggling with the browser. It was obvious for me, but thank you very much for your effort it was very nice
Now I temporarily solved the problem.
- I uninstalled Opera on a new computer and reinstalled it from scratch.
- I didn't enable synchronization on the new Opera.
- I imported bookmarks from an html file.
- I imported passwords from a csv file.
Opera started remembering cookies and passwords.
However, after turning on the synchronization, the problem with cookies and passwords repeated - Opera didn't save them again.
So I re-installed it and didn't turn on sync anymore.
Now it works, but when I working on another device, I've to export bookmarks and passwords manually, to work with the current settings.
So I'm not satisfied with this solution, but for now I have no other choice. I'm still looking for a solution and ideas, but so far nothing helps.
If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd greatly appreciate the help.
@jayne4-cunningham once again many thanks.