Opera 12.16 Is Now Crashing Upon Closing
fungi-lives last edited by
For a few days now Opera crashes when I close it. I get the box asking if I want to send a report which I've done many times.
I've reinstalled Opera a few times but the crashes persist.
Anything I can do to get Opera back on track?
Opera 32 bit - 12.16
blackbird71 last edited by
1) Are you using any plug-ins or add-ons with the Opera installation?
2) How many tabs are open when you close Opera, and are any of them running Flash?
3) If you open Task Manager before closing Opera (ctrl+alt+del > Start Task Manager), note Opera's memory consumption; then when you close Opera, what happens to the memory consumption in Task Manager?
4) If you open Opera and then close it from Task Manager (highlighting the Opera process > End Process), does a crash occur?
5) Finally, are you opening Opera to a previous "sessions" group of tabs, a group of SpeedDials, or some kind of home page?
A Former User last edited by
It's not unusual for Opera 11.64 to freeze or crash on closing a tab that's playing a video — especially if the video is still playing.
Try closing and restarting Opera more often, or clear the cache from time to time.