Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera is not detecting the PPAPI Flash Plugin.

• It seems to be a problem with 32-bit versions of Windows... Just saying.

• It seems to be a problem with 32-bit versions of Windows... Just saying.

Maybe. Because on my win 7 64 bit it works flawlessly

• I tried with a new profile: nothing.

Then I edited the Preferences file to add the lines

`
       "plugins": {
          "plugins_list": [ {
             "enabled": true,
             "name": "Shockwave Flash",
             "path": "C:\\Windows\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_170.dll",
             "version": "15.0.0.170"
          },
    `

but nothing.

Is there another place where Opera stores its plugin list?

• Hi @plovec, please follow the below steps:

1. Download the latest (15.0.0.183) FP for Opera/Chromium based apps - PPAPI for Windows, and install it,

2. Add two command line switches at the end of the shortcut to the "launcher.exe", as follows:

launcher.exe --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_183.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="15.0.0.183"

(adjust the path, accordingly to your Flash plugin installation directory),

1. Launch the Opera, go to "opera:plugins", click on "Show details" button, disable the Flash plugin with "Type: NPAPI", and enable the Flash plugin with "Type: PPAPI" \m/ 🍺
  • It works! Thank's a lot. 🙂

The only problem is that I must keep the switches in the shortcut, otherwise Opera loses again the pepper flash player...

• @l33t4opera, How do I exactly add those command lines, to which file? I'm quite newbie... XD

• I have that problem since Opera devs implemented support to ppapi. I use what l33t4opera said.

• How do I exactly add those command lines, to which file? I'm quite newbie... XD

That way

• @christoph142, Thanks a lot, it worked. Opera is now detecting the PPAPI Flash.

I think the issue is with the 32-bit versions of Windows, it should be (at least) a known issue, if so.

• Even with the latest stable version (25) Opera doesn't find automatically the PPAPI flash player in Windows 8.1 32 bit.

I must use the workaround indicated by l33t4opera

• Is the path to the pepper flash dll in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPepper" in the registry correct?

• Is there anyway to make Opera find the Pepper Flash besides the workaround?

• Is the path to the pepper flash dll in "HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPepper" in the registry correct?

Yes

• I reinstalled Pepper Flash and did not change anything Opera does not detect Pepper.

• Opera is now detecting the Pepper Flash without the command lines (Opera Stable 26.0.1656.24).

• Hi. I have tried adding the line,(launcher.exe --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer321500183.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="15.0.0.183") to the target, but I get 'Invalid'. I have tried without the 'launcher.exe' and with and without the -- before ppapi. I have downloaded and installed the ppapi but it is not showing up in 'Developer Tools. plugins, only npapi shows. Where have I gone wrong??

• Hi. I have tried adding the line,(launcher.exe --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer321500183.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="15.0.0.183") to the target, but I get 'Invalid'. I have tried without the 'launcher.exe' and with and without the -- before ppapi. I have downloaded and installed the ppapi but it is not showing up in 'Developer Tools. plugins, only npapi shows. Where have I gone wrong??

Did you update to the latest version? Opera stable, beta and developer are detecting it. Don't forget to put the correct version in command line.

• The versions I have, which have been downloaded over the past couple of days (many times) are NPAPI 15.0.0.223 and PPAPI 15.0.0.215. So obviously the command line I had copied from this topic was out of date. My question is then, which part of the command line do I copy to the 'target'? Which part of the link do I ignore, when I replace the version quoted in the link I tried, with 15.0.0.215?
    Thanks

• @ronecc, first download the latest version (16.0.0.228), then try with pepflashplayer32-16-0-0-228.dll (with low dashes).

• I mean latest versions of Opera because the problem was fixed.