Formatting on the Forums

• For testing and reporting. And suggestions.

Now, as Markdown's italicising ain't working, I just tried html: it worked! ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, what about some other elements?
    Let me try <colorred>some</color>...

• STRIKETHROUGH โค โค โค :love:

• Hopefully only that kind of stuff though, we don't want object and such. Conversely, add that to the list of things that won't post properly ... a few days ago someone posted a URL that contained underlines and those completely broke the link. I had to go through and fix the original by putting it into a proper URL tag to be able to see what the problem was.

• img is working, too โค ๐Ÿ™‚

• You're kidding? Never did, huh? I used wrong syntax then.
    ๐Ÿ†™

• <blockquote>Hi, please remove this comment - seems that it doesn't work here ;-)</blockquote>
    And block the user! ๐Ÿ˜›

• โฌ† It was a blockquote, by the way. โ˜บ

• Emoji! How?

• Emoji!

Come again?

• There are some emoticons in the UNICODE standard now, but then again the forum has smilies too ... ๐Ÿ™‚

• Does anybody know if there's a way to make a textual tooltip like with "<abbr></abbr>" on MyOpera - other than messing with the Markdown links syntax (ยซ[shown text]( "the-tooltip")ยป - which outputs like a link with the URL to the thread you post in)?

• There are some emoticons in the UNICODE standard now, but then again the forum has smilies too ...

Oh ok I see now from my PC, my phone has rendered the unicode smiley with the (Android KitKat) emoji graphics.

• Does anybody know if there's a way to make a textual tooltip like with
    "<abbr></abbr>" on MyOpera - other than messing with the Markdown links syntax (ยซ[shown text]( "the-tooltip")ยป - which outputs like a link with the URL to the thread you post in)?

Just found a tip:

The <abbr title="World Health Organization">WHO</abbr> was founded in 1948.

๐Ÿ™‚
    (Still it doesn't highlight anyhow - as to "hover me pleeeeeeeeeeease!":)
    Who knows how to make such a tooltip under a forum smilie? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Headings & paragraphs

<p>WWF's goal is to:
    <q>Build a future where people live in harmony with nature.</q>
    We hope they succeed.

Note: Browsers insert quotation marks around the q element.

Both heading tags and paragraph ones work here.
    Tried "code", "pre", "kbd", "samp", "var" and "q" - not working.

• The "`

`" tag seems to be working here: 
    > 

Computer code

Keyboard input

<samp>Sample text</samp>

<var>Computer variable</var>

...somehow...![](http://i.imgur.com/26cz795.png)
  • Some useful thingie here:

<p title="About W3Schools"> W3Schools is a web developer's site. It provides tutorials and references covering many aspects of web programming, including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, SQL, PHP, ASP, etc.

Hover it up:

<p title="About W3Schools">
    W3Schools is a web developer's site.
    It provides tutorials and references covering
    many aspects of web programming,
    including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, SQL, PHP, ASP, etc.

• Just found out about 2 things:

1. CSS ain't working here :faint:

2. When you use HTML in your post, local Markdown marking ain't working within the elements (shown as plain keyboard input - like "**proper**" instead of "proper").

• Ahem!

What about those supposed "Markdown" "numbered lists"???

The above post as if contains such one - but the item numbers ain't shown altogether...
    Let me try this:

blabla

blablabla

๐Ÿ˜• (those were "#" lines - what the hell?)

I humbly propose we could either change the kit to something else - WORKING - or maybe do something about the existing one? Uh? :doh:

• The leading hash mark was treated as identifying a header, you have to use actual numbers. Having said that, I've never had much luck with lists ...

• Now on Firefox, I can see the numbers!
    Why didn't I with Chrome?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.