Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Videos keep stopping because of player (Spotify)?

• Whenever I use the player, it works just fine. When the player goes to the next song, all media playing on Opera stops. This consists of Youtube videos and other media apps that play music and videos. For Youtube, the video just pauses itself, but for other apps, the audio just stops. If anyone knows why this is happening and how to stop it, that would be a great help.

• So I guess no one knows how to fix this.

• @colyn1232 Already tried disabling extensions and using a clean profile as instructed?

The sidebar player pauses itself when a media starts playing on a tab and resume when it stops, not the other way around.

Version: LVL2 (core: 73.0.3856.415)

I have disabled the auto-pause setting, but when a new track starts, Youtube pauses. I have tested this with BBC's player too, same result. Please fix this issue because I like the player feature and I don't want to resort to creating another workspace for my music.

• @leocg I've experienced the same thing, and I disabled my extensions and reset my profile. I can assure you that this is a legitimate bug, and this needs be addressed accordingly.

• @leocg This bug is happening with Youtube Music as well through Opera's player. Videos are paused whenever a new song is played, even when the setting is turned off. The video gets paused when a new song is played, but the song isn't paused when the video is resumed.