Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Graphical Glitches & Rendering Issues in Big Sur 11.0.1

• Having a lot of slowdown and graphical issues after updating to Big Sur 11.0.1 on my Macbook Pro 13 (intel i5 2017).

Mainly occurs when I go fullscreen and scroll down a page. It will stutter heavily or when I go back to a tab after not using it for a minute or so, it will be a blank page. Refreshing it is the only way for the site to appear.

I can provide the GPU error report from Opera://GPU if an Opera team member is interested.

Updated Opera today to 72.0.3815.378, which didn't help. Tried Opera Beta and still have the same issue.

• I'm having the same problem on basically the same MacBook.

• I have similar issue after going to Big Sur 11.0.1. Mine is a MacBook Pro 15 mid 2015. At 1st I thought it was one of the extensions, but the issue occur even without any extension active.

Opera Version:72.0.3815.378

• I'm having a similar issue with Big Sur on an iMac (4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7). I have the latest Opera version (72.0.3815.378). If I leave a tab for a second or two (e.g., when I open a new tab), it is blank when I return. If I wait for a while it will usually repopulate, but it can take 15 seconds or longer.

• Same, I have a Macbook Air 2020 13in, running Big Sur 11.0.1.

Opera crashes often, leave tabs hanging, and certain sites are entirely broken.

Opera GX version: 71.0.3770.323

• Same problems (but not specific to full screen) on Macbook Pro 16 2019, Big Sur 11.0.1 with Intel i9. Running latest stable Opera as of today (72.0.3815.378).

• I updated to 72.0.3815.400 today, but the blank tab issue remains. I leave a tab and but when returning to the tab it is blank for 15 seconds or so. I never had the issue with prior versions of Opera, but that was before updating to Big Sur 11.01.