Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

[Request]Pdf Annotating

• Hello,
    I think there is a good feature that you can add Opera about the Pdf files. For example in Edge, we can draw in pdf or highlight the text without even downloading it. I think Opera should have the same thing with extra adding annotate text to pdf. So someone could able to draw and write footnote/annotation like Pdf annotating programs.

• @siloo10 Most probably Opera will have such feature if and when it is implemented in Chromium.

For example in Edge, we can draw in pdf or highlight the text without even downloading it.

if you can see it, it was downloaded.

• I think it should come Opera before it coming to Chromium or other Chromium based browsers.
    I think a new feature just Opera has makes Opera more valuable.

• @siloo10 Opera uses Chromium's PDF viewer exactly how it is, so most probably any change on it will depend on Chromium.

• This post is deleted!
  • @siloo10 Let me write few words. Chromium base and Opera patch. Sort of. Implementing your idea would demand to change focused directions or to add another development direction, of which I do not know. Editing PDF files, playlist playing, thumbnail images option like this one implemented in Total Commander etc push Opera into the arms of Opera Commander. This vision is captivating for me, but for Opera developers and managers might be not. You placed your vote, fine, but leocg explained it explicite - no one knows what we will see in the next browser's releases. Terra incognita.

• @pavelopdev Okay I see. Thanks