Multiple issues with Opera GX (Primarily downloading and launching)
MLGBombDiggity last edited by
So I've been having issues with downloading images or files using opera gx for a while but at this point it has become unbearable.
Here is a list of some issues I am having:
- Google meets doesn't work half the time
- Downloads rarely work
- If downloads work, they usually freeze the browser and make the windows error sound if I click anything (not responsive when I click.)
- Half the time launching the browser itself doesn't work, everything is stuck loading
- sometimes I get a white screen when trying to relaunch
- I get the prompt to download a file but it never finishes (stuck at 100%)
- Reinstalling doesn't and rebooting my pc doesn't fix anything. Of course I have none of these issues with Google or Firefox. Running the application as admin doesn't work either.
Usually to fix these issues I end up having to constantly end all the opera gx tasks in task manager and/or process hacker and relaunching it with admin privileges. Usually after doing that multiple times it works but I've done it 5-6 times and I still can't download an image. I'd would rather use Opera GX for all of my needs instead of having to use chrome just to download a file or image.