Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

General Suggestions and Requests Topic - Opera for Desktops

• This topic is to concentrate the suggestions and requests that are mixed up.

• Hi, is it possible to add a few new features, at least to Linux?

1. bring back speed dial configure function like the old ones ( 12.xx ), such as changing column number, wallpaper, etc?

2. workspaces
      it is a really nice new feature, would be even better if one can
      a) increase workspace number, say to 8 or 10
      b) configure each individual workspace's theme, wallpaper, etc

3. clock widget

There used to be simple clock widget that can be added to Tab Bar, just to show current time. It was very handy. It would be really nice to bring it back.

Thanks.

• Hello,

I still wait for 2 key features

Gmail in side bar - similar to twitter, instagram,... tabs - Vivalidi have it!

Automatic empty cache or other selected types files when closing Opera- Edge have it!

When we can expect it?
    I'm not interested any extrnal additions - most are useless

if it possible - switch to dislable clear type...

cheers!
    (Opera developer version)

• @cornolio

Gmail in side bar - similar to twitter, instagram,.

You can try enabling opera://flags/#sidebar-site-panel and add it yourself.

• @cornolio said in General Suggestions and Requests Topic - Opera for Desktops:

I'm not interested any extrnal additions - most are useless

You are badly wrong.

• AdGuard supplements Opera Block ads & Block trackers - for "normal" open minded user it's a must.
    • V7 Notes - similar to Vivaldi Notes. V7 Notes is one of the best handy notes ever.

On the other hand, do not use contentious argument like "XYZ have it!" if you please. Cannot you adapt to your PC world other browsers if they are so goodies laden free hand-out?

• All i needed is to enable my flow ,that means we can send message to desktop by linking two desktop , i cant connect two or more desktop in my flow same account, and i need Features like volume master default for opera and check for problems in browser settings in opera://settings sidebar mans opera settings can be viewed in sidebar also sidebar google search or sidebar tabs can be enabled and disabled in settings as to the icon near also enable these settings run opera in computer startup , restore settings to default when i restart automatically sync for updates within option like enable 5 seconds automatically check for update or 30 seconds set time updating period , also enable make groups in my flow . also enable opera chat that we can chat with people having google or opera accounts also enable operaCloud for 20 GB free for people having accounts also enable disable all extensions options and enable all extension for opera also enable operascan for opera developer means that can scan your PC and Browser and check for malware ,antivirus , enable options like scan you pc full scan system files also enable opera lock that can be used to enter opera when only password is typed and correct also enable option like use superFast adblocker also enable autochange background in a folder or installed backgrounds . this is all we need in opera developer

• Hello,

first iam new here and don't know the rules, iam only want to share my idea.
    iam from germany so please excuse me for bad english.

The first thing I really see as a necessary feature is that you can fast-forward / rewind when opening video files in the browser, the second would be an arrow button with which you can play the next video file in the folder of the opened file you don't have to keep reopening the files if you want to see everything in a folder. This also applies to image files.

Another useful feature that Opera would do better than other browsers would be an integrated PDF editor, with which you can fill in text fields in PDF files and then save them.

Many thanks

• @superfrantv Regarding the video player, Opera most probably will have whatever Chromium has.

The same is valid for the PDF editor, Opera may have it if and when Chromium does have.

• @leocg It's sad what you convey to us - users. Your words bring on equally sad thought - is there in Opera anything what Chromium does not?

• @leocg I would love to see Custom Search Engine like Ecosia or Startpage would be supported

• @pavelopdev Of course there is. However for those specific features, there isn't.