Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Why is there an arbitrary limitation to 5 workspaces?

• Personally, I need at least twice as much and I'm not even using 40% of the vertical real estate on my monitor, so I completely miss the point of this gratuitous limitation...

Can you please unlock the number of workspaces that can be created, or provide a rationale why it makes sense to have no more than 5 workspaces?

Thanks!

• #workspaces #icons

Yeah, that would be great. And I want to expand this request by asking about icons.
    Why there are just few of them? There are "food", "travel", "books" - just typical stuff.

But what if my conent is not about travelling or food? I want to make not usual workspace,
    some random shapes without any meaning would help. I'm a musician also, so I'm waiting for "music" icon.
    Please expand workspaces and provide more icons - the idea is great, though!

• I just switched over to opera as my main browser specifically for this feature, and I am wondering the same thing... Also would be nice if we could use custom icons.

• I don't know what's the reason for this limitation.. I mean, why not 4, or 6, but exactely 5? 😃 Would love to know. Even more, would love to see the limitation go away. If there's a fan of arbitrary limitations, 1000 looks like a nice, round number imho. Wha do you think? XD

• @namero999 In first dev/beta version Opera with this function, we have add max 6 workspace. I don't know why we have max 5 workspace in first stable Opera with workspace. Personally, I wouldn't mind if more could be added. Anyone from the Opera could say why it was limited to 6 and later changed to 5?

BTW. If You add more elements to the sidebar than it could contain, then You can scroll it with the mouse scroll.