Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

[Request]Picture-in-Picture improvement

• There is a request to improve the PIP, it is necessary when opening a video in a window, turn off playback in the browser itself. Thus, the load will be clearly less. See screenshot 1[opera gx pip] and 2[chrome pip]
    opera gx pip.png
    google pip.png

• @gjsmoker Opera seems to be adopting Chromium PIP, so probably we will see it in GX at some point in the future.

• @gjsmoker But I really want to have both video windows turned ON playback. It is really convenient for me! Why Opera changed it?!!! And now the external window can't be fully resized!

• This post is deleted!
  • Opera team, please bring an old Video Pop Out feature back. The new Picture-in-Picture is terrible! It does not play video in main tab, only in pip window. It does not display playback time. It closes pip window when I click "Back in tab" link.
    Video Pop Out was very nice and I'm missing it very very bad!

• @gfreemanukr There is a way to set the old Video Pop Out feature:
    Go to: opera://flags/ and set both:

• Use surface layers in Video Pop-out := Disabled
    • Enable the use of SurfaceLayer objects for videos. := Disabled
  • @Sartor666 Thank you so much!

• @lucasolsi Unfortunately something have changed in Opera and now I have to change back the settings:
    "Use surface layers in Video Pop-out": Enabed
    "Enable the use of SurfaceLayer objects for videos": doesn't exist now
    Now the Video Pop-out is little better but still sucks 😞

• When I change 'Use surface layers in Video Pop-out' to 'Disabled', the old video pop-out is back, but video does not work in it most of the time. Sometimes it stops right away, sometimes after a minute or so. It works on the tab itself, but stucks on the first frame in the pop-out. The new style video pop-out works fine, but it sucks so bad I can't use it without annoyance. I'm using the latest Opera GX (67.0.3575.87) on Windows 10.