Nagging 'Authentication Failed' Pop-up Messages

• Yesterday, I started getting an intermittent pop-up message entitled: "Authentication failed for ----@operamail.com" [my wire's email address]. The message content stated: "The server responded: sorry, you are not permitted to use the 'POP' server at your current level. Please login to the web interface for more details." This was followed by 3 options: details, cancel & try again. Among the "details" was Authentication=Auto [Plaintext]. I contacted FastMail support but never received a reply & am now getting another intermittent message with the same title. The "new" message reads: "The server responded: 535 5.7.0, sorry, you are not permitted to use the 'SMTP' server at your current level, Please login to the web interface for more details." This message pop-up was followed with the same 3 choices as the first; one of the details was Authentication=Auto [AUTO LOGIN].

I have a laptop with the same operating system, version of opera & with FastMail installed & it doesn't have this problem so it seems that something got changed here in Opera on this desktop computer. Does anyone know how I can log into the "web interface" that these messages refer to &/or what I need to do to fix this problem? Another weird thing about this is: what connection does my wife's email address have to do with Opera browser operation? I get these messages even when the email accounts are logged out! Thanks!

• I doubt it will cure your problem, but this is the web interface I think the error messages are referring to https://www.fastmail.fm/ .

• Thanks but that's my email service URL & I already checked my email account settings there & also my browser settings from opera:config & found no email protocol settings choices. I'm considering removing & reinstalling Opera but, from experience, when it's reinstalled the bugs sometimes remain in memory & get reinstalled, too, but all the bookmarks, notes & customization get lost. I'll give it a try, though.

• The point of the original poster is that you will have to go online to the website to fix the error - it is not an error in Opera.

The POP server is used to receive messages, the SMTP server to send messages.

• I'm happy to report that this issue is resolved! Per the advice I got here I contacted FastMail support &, after sending them screenshots of the nag pop-ups, they had me check Opera's "Mail & Chat Accounts..." [from "Tools"]. Sure enough, my wife's email address was there although it didn't belong there. I deleted it & that resolved the problem. Apparently my wife accidentally put her email address there when she responded to a pop-up dialog box that she probably got after hitting the wrong key combination. Thanks for your efforts.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.