Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Copy from Excel to Opera

• Hello,

I am using Gmail with Opera. When I copy a tab from Microsoft Excel to paste it to Opera, the formatting is ignored !
    It works with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome !
    Why not with Opera ?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Opera 63.0.3368.94 / Windows 10

• Is it just with Excel? In Chrome, I selected some things on a web page, chose copy and then pasted into a Gmail compose Window in Opera (with plain text compose off) and Opera pasted the rich text where the formatting and colors were pasted properly just like Chrome does.

• Yes, it is just with Excel.
    I tried with Word and it worked fine.

With my personal PC, it works. I do not understand. Is there anything wrong with the Excel version (we use Excel 2007) ?

• Is there anything wrong with the Excel version (we use Excel 2007) ?

Not sure. It could be an issue with just Opera.

You can check the "html format" part of the clipboard after you copy something from Excel and compare it with something you copy in in Word. Use https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/inside_clipboard.html to do that. Maybe you can see something in the Excel content that's not there in the Word content that breaks pasting in Opera.

• @burnout426 It doesn't work for me either. I tried inside clipboard, neither. I need it because I work everyday with Excel and emails, sending charts to clients.

• I don't have Excel to test. Copy something in Excel. Then, use Inside Clipboard to view the content of your clipboard. Then, goto "File -> Save as clp" to save your clipboard content. Then, upload the clp file somewhere so we can look at it. Also, describe (or show with a pic) what the result should look like when pasting in a Gmail compose body (for example) in Opera.

• @burnout426 Thanks for your response. Did what you said, not working either. I really don't wanna use another browser.
    9e705f19-c081-4b28-82c4-9c585a8148c8-image.png

f03d6c2a-a85a-488f-84b7-3583ca7885bb-image.png

• @sclears said in Copy from Excel to Opera:

Did what you said, not working either.

The Inside Clipboard viewer isn't supposed to fix anything. It's supposed to show you what Excel puts in the clipboard so it can be analyzed to determine what Opera doesn't like.

The pics help, but do you have the clp file as requested?