Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera version 63.0 is crashing

• I updated to Stable Version Version:63.0.3368.75. It crashes from time to time. I haven't discerned just why, but it seem correlated with my changing tabs while a tab is still loading. In other words, it doesn't see to handle memory management as well as previously. The console system. log recorded for the last crash the following:
    Sep 8 20:37:14 MacBook-Air-4 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.operasoftware.Opera.10416[11106]): Service exited due to signal: Illegal instruction: 4 sent by exc handler[0]

I am running Opera on my MacBook Air with Mac OS 10.12.6.

P.S. Rebooted and starting working. Crashed again:
    Sep 8 20:54:37 MacBook-Air-4 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.operasoftware.Opera.10416[11474]): Service exited due to signal: Illegal instruction: 4 sent by exc handler[0]

• I am crashing every few minutes. I will have to revert to Chrome. Shame

• Why not use Slimjet rather than Chrome? At least it does not spy on you, and it is a chromium browser.

• The Opera 63.0.3368.75 crash to me when i have open a tab with music, with page like music.youtube or paly.spotify, it generate the crash some few minutes after I play on the music.

• Same here. After several attempt I downgraded to 63.0.3368.53 version and disabled the update checker. And everything is back to normal now.

• At moment the best option is the downgrade, because the new update 63.0.3368.88 still have the crash issue.

• Since Opera hasn't responded with a fix, I switched to Firefox.

• This has been happening to me for around 2 months now, with every update I hope this is fixed but no luck 😞

Currently using:

Version:63.0.3368.88
    Opera is up to date
    Update stream:Stable
    System:Mac OS X 10.13.6 64-bit

I have un installed, re installed, created new accounts, disabled extension, cleared caches and nothing seems to work.

I love this browser but its getting to that point now.

• @mbeinhorn My MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) has been crashing badly for several weeks. Opera is unusable. It's super frustrating.

Why are Opera Devs so behind in fixing this?

• This is really weird but just yesterday after posting in here I 'updated and recovered' Opera and reset all my flags back to default.

Without adding any extensions back in and only importing my bookmarks I have been watching a Youtube video for 4 hours now with no problems (was crashing within 2 or 3 seconds for the past few months).

• This has been happening to me, too. I never had this problem until Friday night, then all of a sudden I started crashing. Both when I tried changing tabs while a tab was loading, and also if I try changing tabs/opening a new tab while I have data copied to the clipboard. (This makes downloading certain files a real pain, because I can't copy the address and then open the online downloader I need to use.)

I'm using version 63.0.3368.75 on a 2012-era MacBook Pro. Help, please.

• Does anyone else use the black theme? After the updated and recovered Opera was set to the white theme by default - and videos seemed to play.

I changed back to black theme and videos stopped for me.. changed back to white and voila!

Could maybe help someone else's issue?