Opera GX Adblock addon and uOrigin issues
last edited by
Just downloaded Opera GX, I went to Youtube an ad started playing so naturally I installed uOrigin Block immediately and deleted the built in addon. Now half the videos I open have a Youtube error code and I have to refresh the tab for them to start playing.
This never happens with uOrigin Block in Firefox or Chrome. I assume the issue stems from the way Chrome addons are being installed in Opera.
Currently running Windows 10 Pro 1809, Build 17763.529
Not sure where to grab the Opera GX version, but I assume it's the first public build.
7ianni last edited by
@iaxx this has happened for me ocassionally, with no extra adblock added.
A Former User last edited by
I'm pretty sure this isn't entirely Opera's fault. I normally use an old 40 something version (I got annoyed with having to get used to random changes in new versions, so I just stopped updating :P) and it just started happening one day. On GX I've only managed to reproduce the error after copying my uBlock settings and lists while being logged into YT. I didn't see it while logged out. So my guess is it's some filter causing this.