Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Option for opening links in external apps.

• I am aware of the reasoning that URLs should not open in external apps for safety reasons. However, in Android at least, the OS itself gives you the option to define whether specific URLs will open in an external app or not. There's no reason for the browser to prevent the user from being able to open URLs in external apps at all when you can define it, within the operating system, on a per-app basis.

This issue is effectively the sole reason I decided to discontinue using Opera on my mobile and desktop devices.

• I'll say this: Opera was the ONE browser I found that worked well in terms of syncing and cross functional support.

The fact that Android intents didn't work on Android devices made me uninstall the browser from everywhere.

Nobody wants Youtube, instagram, etc opening inside the browser if they have an Android phone.

• This post is deleted!
  • I agree! Firefox now offers a button to open the current page in the appropriate app. Samsung Internet does this by default, just like Microsoft Edge. Only Opera in the mainstream browsers does not have this option.

I do not uninstall Opera because Flow now works with more than one device, but the lack of this feature is a shame.