Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Browser is not supported

• Hi,

I have noticed that some websites or addon's shows message that Opera is not supported... This is very annoying because Opera shares the same DNA as Google Chrome.

As the workaround I'm using the addon to change headers but this is not perfect solution 🙂

Thank you,
    Jakub

• @diirn And you are suggesting....?

• @leocg I was wondering if it's possible to implement some inbuild tool for browser identification to fool websitez as some plugin's not always work. I also wonder if it will be possible to bypass this kind of attempts by web developers to enforce usage other browsers 😉 My apologies if my anwser is not too much precise as I'm aware the dificulty of implementing this. I just wanted to rasie the issue and trigger some brainstorm or ideas generation 😛

Thank you though @leocg for quick reply.

• If I'm not wrong, they use the file: browser.js to add and fix those compatibility issues, - you can find it at profile folder - .

What I don't know is:

Which sites are added, partners, payment sites, any "wrong site"...

Since the WebMaster is who should take care on this, I don't know if we could report problematic sites and they will be added or they just add particular sites.

• @diirn You can use some extension to change Opera's user agent string, so the site will think that you are using another browser.

• @zalex108 browser.js is a last resource, to be used when nothing else has helped and the site really worth doing it, I think.